Package Booking Forms and Contracts:

How to Register for Marriage License and Civil Union in Hawaii

See this website for information regarding marriage requirements:
Then you now register online for your marriage license here:
For a Civil Union in Hawaii go here to register:

You can now register and pay online but you still have to go to the Dept of Health to obtain a worksheet for your Marriage performer or Civil Union performer. The performer/Minister etc.. has to be registered online in order for them to input the information. They must then obtain the Document ID to pass to you so you can retrieve your temporary license online. It will be available after it has been recorded with the State of Hawaii. The ID may be given to you at the office as well by the agent.

The ID number will allow you to download a temporary copy of your marriage certificate for immediate use.

For a Marriage you will get a copy in the mail in about 2 months. For a Civil Union you must order a copy if you wish to have one and pay online for it.

If you still have questions please let us know. Please note that you are responsible for
checking with your own residence state or country to be certain that a civil union in Hawaii will be legal.

Hawaii Dept of Health
1250 Punchbowl St.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813

Please see the website here for more information.

Agents are listed below. We will be happy to assist you if you are having any issues contacting the agent.


  • Honolulu – Sheri
    Phone: (808) 523-1880
    Fax: (415)946-3487
  • Pearl City – Fusako
    Phone: (808) 455-1186


  • Kapaa – Ken
    Phone: 808-651-8629
  • Lihue – Photo Spectrum Building
    Jill Kosen
    Phone: 800-733-7431 or 808-246-2279 
  • Hanalei – Relish Salon
    Phone: 808-826-7742

Directions to Oahu Beach Wedding Locations

Download our Directions PDF for directions to Waimanalo Beach, Lanikai Beach and Kailua Town.

Frequently-Asked Questions

Q: Do we have to choose a location and time before we book?

A: If you are not sure at this time you may leave that blank for now and we will consult with you to see what would be best for you and your party.

Q: I would like my wedding with the beach in the background but to have the ceremony on a grassy area. What do you recommend?

A: There are a couple of beaches that do provide grassy areas and beach backdrops.

  1. Waialae Beach park near Waikiki.
  2. Kakaako waterfront park but there is no sand just rock walls and ocean in the back.
  3. Magic Island. Not the loveliest beach but close to Waikiki area.
  4. Ali’i Beach park, Haleiwa, N. Shore. Location is approx. 1.5 hrs drive.
  5. Private locations with fees ranging from $2500 to $3000 to reserve.
  6. St. Catalina Chapel, $1500 to reserve. This chapel is on a hill and overlooks the Makapuu Beach. This is a very lovely location.

Q: Can we bring in our own professional photographer?

A:  Some of our packages include a photographer so it’s not necessary to bring your own while other packages will not include professional photography services. Please inquire for more information.

Q: Can we bring in our own Minister?

A: Yes you may indeed. In order for your marriage to be legal in the state of Hawaii they must be registered with the Dept of Health to legally sign your paperwork.

If you are already legally married then it’s perfectly fine.  Please talk to us about this if you have any other questions.

Do you have a question that isn’t answered above? We’d be happy to personally answer your questions via our contact section.